As a new homeowner, you may not be abreast of all you need to know about maintaining your home – least of all how to budget for it.
Spring is a time of renewal, a season of growth and blooming. Instead of focusing on the philosophical endowments of spring, many of us focus on our yard and the mess that winter left behind. Make preparing your yard for this new season of growth and prosperity less of a chore with these simple hacks on getting your yard ready!
The forecast for becoming a homeowner this spring takes a few factors into consideration, according to Housingwire.com.
At least once a year, we are all called to dive head first into our closets, studies, and everywhere else we tend to collect clutter and purge the unnecessary. This ritual is referred to by most as “spring cleaning” – which can be more difficult for some than others.
Spring is finally here! The changing of the seasons brings excitement, expectation and preparation. While excitement and expectation are the fun part, preparing for a seasonal change is the necessary part. While shopping for a new wardrobe is a super fun way to usher in the warmer weather, there are some other things that need tending to. Check out these great lawn care tips to help you enter the spring season with a beautifully landscaped lawn:
- Don’t plant anything until it’s no longer below freezing at night
- Before working on your lawn, remove all debris
- Make sure your lawnmower is warmed up and prepared to tackle the season
- Sprinkle top soil over uneven areas – the grass will eventually grow through it
- When mowing - only take 1/3 of your grass’s current length off the first time
- Once you’ve mowed a second time, it’s time to start fertilizing
- Begin your fertilizing cycle
- Begin planting your flowerbeds and any vegetables
Lawn care evolves every season, so check back with us before summer to get the next check list!