When weighing your home buying options, consider these reasons to not buy a tiny home:
- Fads come and go, and tiny homes are likely one of them. Living in a small, affordable home doesn’t have to be synonymous with living in a tiny home, that odds are, is a passing trend.
- According to Trulia’s Blake Miller, buyers are so few that if you choose to part with your tiny home, you may be stuck with it for a while.
- It simply isn’t marketable – mainly because a tiny home can only actually host one or two people, and most people desire a home they can grow into.
- We get that tiny is in the name, tiny home, but it’s literally too small. Most people have too many personal belongings, no space for hobbies, storage, keep a pet, or even consider expanding.
- The saving money bit is a myth, because – are you really saving money if you must rent a storage unit to accommodate your other belongings that can’t fit in your tiny home. Why not live in a small home without the miscellaneous costs associated with tiny home living.